The Deano Brandt Scholarship Application
This is a scholarship program for students interested in furthering their studies in animal care field. To qualify, the student must meet these requirements
- Student must be in the Apache Junction or East Valley School System, or be a Student Volunteer with the Paws 4 Life Organization
- Student must be in their Junior or Senior year of high school.
- Student must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Student must be planning to enter a qualifying Animal Husbandry course of study (i.e. veterinary school, vet assistance program, animal behaviors)
- This study can be done at a community college, vocational college, or an online study program
- The committee would need to see report of actual attendance
- Money would be distributed directly to the school for classes or supplies
- No personal use of the money.
Applicants must first be nominated in writing from a teacher, counselor or coach stating why they think this person should be considered for the application process.
Applications must be received by the committee no later than December 31st. Mail to: Paws 4 Life, 5027 E Hidalgo St, Apache Junction, AZ 85119, or email the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will read and review all applications submitted before interviews will be scheduled. Applicants will be notified within 30-60 days of the deadline if their application has been accepted and an interview will be scheduled. The application must include working phone numbers, email address, and fax number (when applicable) where the committee can contact them regarding their application.
We also need the following information:
- GPA and SAT test results
- Work/volunteer experience
- Skills and interests
- A 250 word essay explaining why they are applying for the scholarship
- Five references: 2 personal (no family members) and 3 school references such as Principal, teacher counselor, coach.
- Letters of reference cannot be from any board member or trainer with Paws 4 Life.
- Students will be responsible for providing their school record of GPA, references and submitting their application on time.
Interviews will be scheduled in February or March. If you are scheduled for an interview and cannot keep your appointment or will be late for any reason, you need to call 480-550-1946 (Barbara Watson) and reschedule. Anyone that misses their interview without calling will be disqualified.
All interviews may be recorded to allow the committee further review. Applicants
must sign the consent on the application form. If the applicant objects to their
interview being recorded the objection must be stated on the application form.
Interview Code of Conduct
- Dress appropriately for the interview.
- No inappropriate language to be used in the application or interview process.
- No smoking on the immediate grounds where the interview takes place.
- Cell phones, iPods, and other electronic devices are to be turned off and are not allowed during the interview.
Please download and complete the Scholarship Application form below, and email or mail the signed application to:
Paws 4 Life
5027 E Hidalgo St
Apache Junction, AZ 85119